4.2 plasmoids problem

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 03:13:52 UTC 2009

On the third attempt, the backports update finally ran to completion
without giving any errors (presumably, the US servers finally received all
the updated packages).

However, I seem to have lost most of my plasmoids.

In particular (just to give one example), the notes plasmoid is no longer
accessible.

As far as I can tell, this is part of kdeplasma-addons, which synaptic
reports as not being installed any more (it was installed before I ran the
update).

When I try to install it manually, I get the following error:
  kdeplasma-addons:
  Depends: libkexiv2-7 but it is not going to be installed

When I search for "libkexiv2-7" in synaptic, it reports no such package as
being available.

Can someone please suggest how I can get my plasmoids back?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR