OT Both my HDD's going bad at same time.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 00:51:06 UTC 2009

There is an offer on Ebay for either a Maxtor or Seagate Exterior HD for $70.
I can't afford to lose my data,  Since I have never found a HDD that advertised
the ability to handle Ext3, I am in a dilemma what to purchase.

This is what they say in the ad.

System Requirements:
Windows 98SE/2000/ME/2003/XP/VISTA
MAC OS 8.6 or above  (*note - must format drive to FAT32 or MAC compatible
format to function properly

This is a re-certified drive with a 1 year warranty.  Does anyone know that
this drive would work with ext3 file system?  I keep hearing that Linux is
compatible with most everything.  I need a HDD that will work well with
Intrepid KDE4.2 OS.  I am shot of money now, so it this one will work it seems
like a good.

Steven