Removing a package should erase half the system install??

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 19:50:20 UTC 2009

I was about to remove totem libparser package when I noted that it would
remove gnome games and a bunch of other packages that I would think
would have nothing or little to do with totem to the extreme of removing
them all. I removed an older version of liblua and it erased my entire
KDE install. What's up with all of those depends and why is removing one
package heck bent of erasing half the total install?? Is there a way to
circumvent that? Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987