What is the alternate to Disk&Filesystemd in Hardy in Intrepid.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 20 01:20:53 UTC 2009

I am trying to configure Ktorrent.  When I download a program, I want to direct
it to one or another of my storage partition.  I want it to go to a download
folder when being downloaded, and then transferred to a completed download
folder when finished.

In Intrepid, when I open Dolphin to locate my drives, all of them are
represented as 'Volume (ext3).  They show their differences when I click on
them, but their address is missing.  In hardy, the address for one was
/media/sda5 or /media/sdb5, etc., now in Intrepid the address shows as Volume
(ext3) for each of them.  They show no personal identity or address.

I am still operating Hardy on the other boot, so it is identified there, but
when in intrepid, I can not find them.

In Hardy I could find their address by clicking on Kmenu>System
Settings>Advanced tab>then Disk&Filesystems.  A window would open with a GUI
that showed the status of all the drives and partitions, whether mounted or
not and their address.  I cannot find an alternate in Intrepid, but know it
must be there somewhere.  Anyone know?

Steven