compiler for Kubuntu.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 19 16:25:24 UTC 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 08:35:10 Graham Todd wrote:
> 2009/2/18 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>:
> > There is an apt-get routine that will download the stuff
> > needed to compile programs, but I forget what it is. Will
> > somebody be kind enough to remind me? It is something like
> > apt-get install ?build?
> >
> > John Culleton
> >
> > --
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential
>
> You might like to look at the KDE app kompile as well
>
> sudo apt-get install kompile
>
> --
>
> Graham Todd
I am kind of a rookie, but the first thing you have to do is get root
privilege, so you would type in  sudo apt-get install <then you would type in
the name of the program> <then you would type enter> and wait for instructions
during the installation, you may have to type in Y for yes if they ask you if
you want to use the space it will require, but that should do it.  I don't see
any other help coming or I would not give any advice, but I am confident in the
instruction I have given so far.

Steven