Remember Password - Firefox - reset

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:40:43 UTC 2009

Hello Nigel

I opened an account at a particular website ans at the time Firefox asked if
> I want it to
> remember the username/password -- ......(.snip)

Probably there are two ways to effectively approach this problem.

Approach 1. Go back to the 'Remember passwords option' and take care of it
being activated. You will see now a list of sites and passwords. If you see
any reference to the site where you opened your account, delete it. Then,
click at TOOLS > clear private data. Than, close Firefox, restart your
computer and go back to the site where you want to open an account. Probably
you will get now the password question you are waiting for.

However, my practice experience with approach 1 reveal that I cannot rely on
that Approach 1 only.. That's why, I also use Approach 2 to deal with the
password problem. I have installed the add-on "Foxmarks":
With this utility, you can store bookmarks AND passwords and synchronise
them with other computers you are using.  For the passwords, it perfectly
collaborates with the password storage option dealt with above in Approach
1.
Ever since I combine Approach 1 with Approach 2, I do not have any more
password problems. I even do manage to synch the passwords at the desktop
with those at the laptop and the other way around.

I hope this answer helps you.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.

> Any pointers?