OT ASUS experience

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 19 08:46:08 UTC 2009

> I wish I could pop round and have a look, you are facing a lot of technical
> problems; but I am too far away on the planet.

Actually, Don,  The problem is the motherboard.  It has been known for over
three months.  It cost a lot of money and a great loss of time to be sure.
ASUS is just being irresponsible because they can.  Several times they asked
me to do what I couldn't do, so I tried to get their understanding by telling
them my actual financial situation.  They have used that against me, and for
whatever benefit that generates, they have been running me round and round for
over 3 months.  When this is all over, I am going to embarrass myself by
looking for media interest.  I am so easy going all my life, I have never been
at this disappointed state with unethical and immoral people.  I will do my
best to expose their obvious irresponsibility to protect others in my
situation.  At least I want to let poorer people keep their financial situation
known to ASUS when working with an ASUS defect.  They just open themselves to
abuse.  Also older.  I am always amazed when we older are taken advantage of.
It happens all the time.

My church provides my ride to get food.  To compensate the person who helps, I
always let them charge $10 to my order.  One of the people always manages to
steal between $20 and $30 in the order in a way that is hard to observe.  I
was careful 3 times to use a list to purchase from and found out.  I would not
have checked, but I live very close on my money and I was running short 10 to
20 dollars each time he drove me, and thought I was just making old-people
mistakes.

I am terrible with my bookkeeping and found out recently that someone I don't
even know and have no idea how they got my information has been deducting $10
per month from my bank account for over 2 years.  It is terribly hard to get
help on the matter; I am not even sure the bank had stopped them to this day.
the attorney general says he can do nothing and the police just shake their
head.

Those are just two instances in my life that are egregious.  I find that if I
am not very careful, it happens quite often.  I got a gift card for Christmas,
bought some items and had about $26 remaining.  The checker did not return it
and I was distracted.  I walked about 10 feet, noticed, went back, and they
refused to acknowledge what happened.  The manager couldn't do anything about
it except keep an eye on that employee.  Nonetheless, I am out the important
$26.  It is my fault, but as I get older, I get distracted, I forget, and when
I remember I find myself taken advantage of.  I wonder what GOD will do about
this with the offenders.  I try to forgive them in my prayers, because I think
some reasonably decent people become caught by the temptation just because it
is so easy. I don't think, however, that many would do this if they really
knew how difficult it is for people like me.  I just can't believe that people
are that evil.

I got $4 from a company that wanted to have my choices about radio channels.
The bills were brand new.  I folded them with a sharp edge.  When I took money
out of my pocket, they came out by accident.  Someone who calls me a good
friend picked them up as I noticed they had fallen and tried to get me to
believe they were his.  I stood my ground and embarrassed him, and because he
knows the length I will go to be honest, he couldn't stand the pressure of the
accusation.   To keep myself from the same kind of temptations, if I make a
mistake that could be misunderstood, I apologize with sincerity in a humble
and repentant way to take responsibility if they think wrongly about the
situation.  I do that to keep them from guilt, or shame, or wrong thinking,
all of which are wrong.

The trouble is that when you have a poor memory, people sometimes use that as
an excuse for me to take responsibility for error even when I have an accurate
memory of a situation.  I don't know why, but sometimes my memory is almost
photographic, and sometimes it is embarrassingly poor.

I have no doubt about what ASUS is and has been doing, or I would not take
steps to protect others by telling about it.  They should be ashamed of
themselves.  I don't even like to say it, because I have loved their products
over the years.  I don't wish harm to ASUS, I just want to remove their
ability to treat others like they have treated me.

My health is very poor right now; I may not even live until I get my computer
running.  If I die before the problem is solved, I would not want to be the
persons who have been playing with my situation.  GOD has a way of equalizing
things.  I sometimes wonder what I have in my past that might draw this onto
me, but I can't think of whatever it may be, so maybe he is using me so that
they can face their temptations.  It doesn't bother me too much, But I have
never had such a nice possession and I would like to use my new computer at
least one day.

if I abruptly leave the List, you can wish me well in heaven.  This is my
favorite way to spend time.  It takes a lot for me to miss a day.

Most cordially,

Steven

Cordially,
Steven