Intrepid KDE 4.2 I am locked out of konsole and Adept. both say something is running, but isn't

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 18 22:23:54 GMT 2009

> You to terminate one of the two instances, or maybe both. Have you tried:
>
>   sudo killall whiptail
>
> ?
>
> Regards,
> Norberto

Dear Norberto,

I got it working, and completed the installation of the kubuntu restricted
codecs.  When I play a movie, the video and sound are not syncronized.  Is
this a new problem or a continuation of the one I had?  Should I post it as
new, or do you have a solution.  Thanks for all your help.

Steven