Letters lag behind my keyboard strokes. Intrepid 32bit KDE 4.2

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 19 01:35:44 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 20:22:00 Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Steven Vollom
>
> <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >> Also, can you tell us the load of the machine ('uptime' from terminal
> >> should tell you)?
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >> Norberto
> >
> > This may be on the same issue, but when I sign my name, almost every time
> > I make a spelling error.  It prints like this and has to be corrected
> > STeven instead of Steven.  I think it may relate to the lag time.
>
> Oh. Maybe you have spellchecking enabled? What email client do you use?
No.  I think when I am typing my name, I type faster than the shift releases.
I don't think it is because I am holding it down too long, I think it has to
do with lag time.  Right now, the words are keeping up with my typing speed,
so it must be a memory issue or something like that.  I do have 5 packages
open right now and only 512mb of memory on this machine.

With 8gb of memory, my new machine should scream.

Steven