know of another dual boot program rather than grub

Ray Burke rayburke30 at
Sun Feb 15 19:51:35 GMT 2009

I have now lost my grub loader thru trying another dual boot app GAG, that resided onmy original xp pro hdd0, so I am trying to find out how to copy the MBR that resides on my xp probackup copy back to the original????? Yes these are switchable removable racks that are switch in/out before boot loading(whenswitch on power to computer) and I dont understand the dual grub??????and I use my dual boot quite often both Kubuntu and xp pro, when I had a dual boot
system with xp pro and windows ME I was able to switch in/out the racks with no problems
as they were always recognized  and these are my backups for both drives?????
ray> To: kubuntu-users at> From: tuxebi at> Subject: Re: know of another dual boot program rather than grub> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:09:29 +0100> > Goh Lip wrote:> > type "fdisk -lu" > > You should see> > sda1> > sda2> > sda3> > sdb1 (or something like that)> > > > Copy the print-up, you may need to post it.> > > > Now if you don't see sdb1 (or something like that), Horrors, your bios could not detect your 'rackable' hard drive. Stop here, get a hard drive your bios can detect.> > > Wile I perfectly agree that in this case, your Bios most probably will > not detect your hard drive, I would draw a different conclusion:> > Simply accept that "at Bios / Grub time" you cannot access your > rack-drive(s). Then change your strategy and use your rack drive(s) form > the running operating system(s), ex. for data partitions and/or backup > purposes.> > [...]> > > > > > Personal opinion- who needs a back up for Linux? Just back up your data. Have a separate home partition, perfect. > > New versions, new distro, use the same home partition. Windows? It's a > mess reinstalling all those applications.> > Still, back up the whole OS? Planning a missile launch? Use RAID. Better > still, use Linux. Best? Make peace.> > This imho entirely depends on what you intend to do.> > Surely one could imagine situations where an OS backup makes sense and > thus will provide peace (of mind).> > Eberhard> > > -- > kubuntu-users mailing list> kubuntu-users at> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
It's simple! Sell your car for just $50