My computer time and date in the bios don't agree with the time and date shown on my desktop.

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 15 06:06:31 GMT 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I am trying to install Intrepid on an unused primary partition as a dual boot
> with Hardy.  I opened the BIOS to make sure that the CD was first to boot and
> noticed that the time and date settings did not agree with the time and date
> on my desktop.  In the BIOS the date was for tomorrow and the time was 5
> hours into the future.
>
> Additionally, I enabled the drive I want to put Intrepid, but when I booted
> again, it was disabled.  I am unable to install intrepid and don't know why.
>
> I did not know that the system time and date could differ from the time and
> date on my desktop.  Could this have something to do with my problems
> installing intrepid?
>
> Steven

No expert here but it sounds like one is local time and the other is UDC
time. You may need to use tzdata to change it. Use dpkg-reconfigure
tzdata to do so and you will need sudo also. If you are in central time
zone the offset sounds about right between local and UDC.
Not sure what you mean by enabling the drive you want to put intrepic
on.  Does the install cd boot up?  Which cd are you using?  Live or
alternate?  Some details may help the gurus to understand the problem. I
would recommend the alt cd to install on an empty unused primary
partition.  HTH.

Leonard Chatagnier