"Show Keyboard Status" indicator in Jaunty

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat Feb 14 14:53:48 GMT 2009

Michael Hirsch wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> According to this bug, the "Show Keyboard Status" indicator should be
>> available in Jaunty:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kdebase/+bug/289440
>>
>> However, it is not there! Furthermore, there does not seems to be
>> available a kdeaccessibility package. It is replaced by kmag and
>> kmousetool, so how can one acquire the "Show Keyboard Status"
>> indicator?
>
> I hadn't heard about Jaunty being available.  It isn't scheduled until
> April.  Are there Betas already?

I don't know specifics about Jaunty, as I've reverted to hardy (hardware
crash, and this is what's available) but on a typical cycle the first
versions of a .04 release are available in November/December, full alphas
are available in January/February and betas in February.  RC versions
should be available soon.