My computer time and date in the bios don't agree with the time and date shown on my desktop.

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 02:47:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am trying to install Intrepid on an unused primary partition as a dual boot
> with Hardy.  I opened the BIOS to make sure that the CD was first to boot and
> noticed that the time and date settings did not agree with the time and date
> on my desktop.  In the BIOS the date was for tomorrow and the time was 5
> hours into the future.

It is normal. Your local timezone must be UTC-5 so your BIOS appears
to be 5 hours into the future. Unless you double boot with other OSes
that do not properly handle timezones (DOS, Windows) you should leave
it the way it is.

> Additionally, I enabled the drive I want to put Intrepid, but when I booted
> again, it was disabled.  I am unable to install intrepid and don't know why.

Hm. What do you mean by "enabled"/"disabled" ?

> I did not know that the system time and date could differ from the time and
> date on my desktop.  Could this have something to do with my problems
> installing intrepid?

Nope