Opera Not Connecting

Ashish Avindra Naicker ashishnaicker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:49:03 UTC 2009

Has anyone found a solution to the problem below?

cheers
Ashish

*2008/10/11 Graham Todd
<grahamtodd2 at ...<http://www.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=post&post=19933741&i=0>>:
**
> Since I went through the upgrade to Intrepid, I find Opera no longer
> connects to the internet.  Firefox, Dillo and Konqueror all connect,
> but not Opera (and its my favourite browser).
>
> I've copied the Opera dot file from .opera to .old_opera, and
> deleted .opera: still no luck.  I've deleted Opera and then downloaded
> the latest: still no connection.  I've deleted the latest version and
> tried older versions that used to work...with the same result.
>
> Has anyone got a way round this, or do others share my experience?
> *
*... [show rest of
quote<http://www.nabble.com/Opera-Not-Connecting-td19933678.html#>
]*
*
that's weird. i don't currently use opera, but might be able to help
with some basic troubleshooting. most of the time, it might be a DNS
resolving problem, if you type this IP in the address bar
91.189.94.250 , does it take you to canonical's website?

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems