kde 4.2 setting window opacity

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:55:56 UTC 2009

I'm trying to set an individual window's opacity in kde 4.2 on jaunty.
I have kde desktop effects working fine.

I'm using imagemagick's "display <name>.png" from the command line to
launch the program.  Then, I right click in the title bar and select
Advanced > Special and get a popup configuration.  I go through the
motions of selecting the stuff I want, then hit ok, but nothing happens.
  If I kill and restart, the configuration has lost all the settings I
had previously configured (they are all unchecked).

Can someone try this with any image you have and see if it works for
you.  If someone else reports failure, I'll file a bug.

TIA