kubuntu8.10: opengeu-desktop has unmet dependencies:

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Thu Feb 12 05:33:30 UTC 2009

It would appear that on Feb 11, Graham Todd did say:

> OpenGEU was once going to be considered as the Enlightenment version of
> the Ubuntu family, but I understand there were some disagreements along
> the way.  it is not an official part of the Ubuntu family.

 That figures! Find what sounds like an easy way...

> The Ubuntu family member that has Enlightenment officially is
> Edubuntu.  You can install that (as I have done after the frustration I
> experienced with my graphics card and KDE 4.x) and be able to install
> and uninstall anything that uses the official *buntu repositories.

Ohhh. yeah... Don't ask me why, but foe some reason I thought
EDUbuntu was a variant of ubuntu focused on getting EDUcational
software running. {heh heh heh} Now that I've just admitted to the
world that I'm a complete idiot, I'll try to actually use my brain...

If Edubuntu = the official "ubuntu + Enlightenment" solution. Then
perhaps it offers the easy fix I'd hoped to get from OpenGEU...
I know that for KDE and Gnome desktops there is a {meta?} package that
is supposed to make it possible for a tool like apt-get to install it
easily... Wait {go to all packages in intrepid...Find edubuntu... Note
that it looks like the package I want to apt-get is "edubuntu-desktop"

But am I likely to have any problems with the transition due to having
e16 installed to kubuntu???

I mean I've heard that one can have e16 AND e17 installed side by side
without issues. But that's just installing a couple of WMs to an existing
desktop. This sounds more comprehensive. But I hate to ditch the e16 that
I've already customized for my preferences.

> If you like Enlightenment, though, try Elive, which gives a much more
> complete Enlightenment experience.  You can get it at:
>
> http://www.elive.org
>
> or see a video in .avi showing it in pictures and music at:
>
> http://videos.elive-systems.com/Gem/Elive_Gem_1.0_divx_DVD-quality.avi
>
> Elightenment is both a desktop and a window manager, so probably
> wouldn't work to its fullest with KDE, but from what I've seen is less
> power-hungry.  A new version of Elive giving access to compiz is in an
> unstable release on the website.

Thanks but I think I'll try the edubuntu-desktop solution first. I
mean it's not like I LIKE the kde4 it would be supplanting all that
much...

Thanks for the tip