kde4.2 on multiple monitors - problem

pkaplan1 at comcast.net pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 17:19:50 UTC 2009

kubuntu 8.10 running kde4.2
Thinkpad w/ intel i915 integrated graphics (1024x768 and external LCD (1280x1024)

I have placed panels on both monitors which work fine as long as I continue to boot with the LCD connected. When I boot w/o the LCD, as expected, only the laptop screen is visible.

But when I go back to booting with the external monitor (after having booted without it), the panels on the external monitor don't display.

With kde 4.1.4, all the panels appeared on the laptop screen when booting without the LCD and reappeared on the LCD when booting was with the LCD. Seems to be a problem unique to kde4.2.

Has anyone seen this? Has anyone filed a bug?