4.2 seems to be missing lots of stuff

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 03:40:59 GMT 2009

claydoh at midmaine.com said the following at 02/09/2009 05:54 PM :

> There is no kwifimanager in intrepid, btw. I am not sure yet about

Perhaps it was a holdover from hardy, or maybe even an earlier release.

Maybe the whole messy experience with 4.2 was precipitated by too many
updates-on-top-of-updates without a clean install.

Doesn't matter now, anyway: it's all blown away now, replaced by a clean
install of 8.10. It was only a laptop I use when out of town, so it was a
lot easier just to do a clean install than to try to fix what had obviously
somehow become a slightly insane system.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR