removable Hdd racks(switching) to boot up as grub error 17

Ray Burke rayburke30 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 21:05:33 UTC 2009

Anyone know the fix for this-

I have a dual boot xp pro sp2 and Kubuntu, I have worked out how to clone
backups of the two seperate drives, (seated in external usb HDD's), but I also have
2 removable Hdd racks that also hold backup's, and when these are switched on when
booting either into xp pro or Kubuntu it goes to the grub load and says error 17, and cant
load either system, but if unswitch the racks it boots ok, and then can use the switchable
external usb hdd's, so ayone know of a fix??????????

ray