How to add the €-sign to the key-board of a laptop with Kubuntu 8.10?.

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 5 20:37:34 UTC 2009

Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> The only way I do get the € sign via my laptop so far is by means of
> copy-pasting it...

Have you tried the compose key?  I think this is a more general
solution.  It will allow you to insert the euro sign, and many other
characters.  I have my compose key set to the "Application" key
(http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/keyboard/#Application) also known
as "Menu", but it can be set to any key.

I have KDE 3.5 and Kubuntu Hardy.  I set the compose key by going to the
Xkb Options tab, then going down to Compose Key Position, and checking
"Menu is Compose".

> Does anybody have a clue what I can do to link some key combination to
> the € sign?

If you have Compose set up, it's Compose-=-e.

Matt Flaschen