knetworkmanager deletes resolv.conf. How to avoid this?

Mirto Silvio Busico mirtosilvio.busico at fastwebnet.it
Thu Feb 5 08:55:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'have a notebook with Kubuntu intrepid 64Bit upadated daily.

I have a wireless connection (used at home) and a wired connection used
al work).

The wireless connection is correctly managed by knetworkmanager.
The wired one is "unmanaged".

The problem is that when the wired connnection takes over, I find that
the file "/etc/resolv.conf" is empty (only a line with "# Generated by
NetworkManager
").

How can I put a default DNS server to be used when unmanaged interfaces
are active?

Thanks
    Mirto