Is it possible to transfer data directly from one user to another user's desktop?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 3 18:46:03 UTC 2009

> Really, it's better to:
> a. Not experiment with your main user too much. If it's working, then leave
> it be.
> b. If you *have* to try something, logout and log-in to your other user and
> experiment there until you know what you need to know.

I haven't gotten the other user similar enough to use it as a primary, so I
don't know yet if I will experience the plethora of problems I get with the
primary user.  When I have moved enough data, I will just change users.  If I
then notice that I don't have the problems, I will deduce that something that
I have done in the past has screwed up the system.  I don't  expect that to
be so, though, because I cannot find a connection to the problems.  They
occur spontaneously, and not after making an adjustment to my system that
would suggest that as being the reason for the problem.

These problems reoccur.  If I posted everytime they occurred, it would drive
you all as crazy as it does me.  I still suspect me as the culprit; I have
been experimenting so long intrying to fix my computer without outside help,
that I may be doing something without noticing in my usual experimentation
for fixes that is the cause of all my problems.  That is what I hope to find
out when my alternate user is complete enough to use.  The actual electronics
of a computer is a mystery to me.  I don't know if a short can be
insignificant enough to not completely break the system and can just affect a
package that is being used at the time of occurrence.  That seems a logical
reason to me.  But equally logical is the fact that I have been improperly
using the computer for so long that I repeat some mistake while trying to fix
a break that it may happen before I post for solution.  In a way, I think it
may be a GODsend, because I have to work so hard keeping my system working
that I learn in the process.

Steven