Kde v gnome

Alan Dacey GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Mon Feb 2 03:45:07 GMT 2009

golephish at gmail.com wrote:
> Stranger in a strange land quote? Thx for nfo.. How to i install the xbuntu desktop

No, grok is obviously from the book, but I don't know who said the quote.  I
found it on an old laptop of mine.  I saved it years ago and forgot about it
until I blew the dust off an A30 thinkpad and backed it up with all the other
stuff from windows 2000. It's happily running intrepid with both KDE and XFCE
desktops now.

You can install xubuntu in one of two ways. From the command line type, "sudo
apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" (without the quotes) or from your favorite
package manager, look for and install "xubuntu-desktop".  It will take a really
long time if you have a slow internet connection.  Once done log off and log
into Xubuntu.

Alan

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated
concept.  If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in