The Joys of 9.10

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:33:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 13:56 -0600, Ian L. Target wrote:
> Sherman Rogers wrote:
> > So I upgraded my server to 9.10 after a good wait. It booted just fine
> > but started acting weird after the desktop came up, thats when I found
> > out how bad it was.
> >
> > I had lost eth0, usb, raid.
> >
> > So here I am with out anyway to save off logs to show anyone.
> > There seems to be a kernel bug or something to kill that many things.
> >
> > Other than that my laptop just loves 9.10 everything works great.
> >
> > Sherman
> Sherman,
>
> I don't mean to make light of your issues but I always smirk when I see
> the word "upgrade."  It may have a larger number, it may be newer, but
> it certainly isn't an "upgrade."  Just because it is different, doesn't
> mean it is better.

I did a clean re-install back to jaunty. No major probs except flash
playback stutters like crazy now. No Pulse installed either. I did good
this time though. I had sound working for at least two months without
something going wrong. Happy New Years! :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987