NO SOUND in java apps

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:49:28 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 10:59 +0100, Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2009/12/31 Sherman Rogers <shermanrogers at hotmail.com>:
> > When you goto youtube or startup Hulu Desktop your supposed to have sound
> > but when i do these things I get no sound.
> >
> > Now I can play music on amarok.
> > Any idea what happened and how to fix it?
>
> Are you sure it's java you don't get sound in? Youtube using flash as
> far I know and I'm not sure what Hulu Desktop is.

Make sure you don't have other sound apps running. Firefox is an audio
pig at times and doesn't always share it's toys. Me, flash still
stutters. I had sound running for at least two months flawlessly, so
it's about time for it to blow up, :) Happy New Years! Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987