re back track to older versions of firefox

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 05:51:34 UTC 2009

On Monday 28 December 2009 12:05:14 am ray burke wrote:

> > I'd suggest you download version 3.5 from Firefox and install and run it
> >  instead.  That's what newer versions of Kubuntu use.  You might also
> > want to consider upgrading to Kubuntu 9.10.
> >

> how to I download 3.5 so it auto loads with .deb ?

You don't.  I downloaded the .tar.bz2 file and unpacked it in my home
directory.  (You could probably put it in /opt if you want it accessed by
other users.)  It didn't replace 3.0 -- I just  had my firefox.desktop icon run
3.5 instead of 3.0.

I did this shortly after 3.5 came out and I'm writing this from Kubuntu 9.10,
so memory may be a bit hazy.

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050