SW for making notes on reading text file.

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sun Dec 27 14:24:32 UTC 2009

On Sunday 27 December 2009 02:05:46 am john_re wrote:
> What's great sw that enables commenting, underlining & highlighting in
colors onto text or html files?  Like what one could do while reading
print materials - magazine or book?

> So, I'd like to use this on a web page with any "article" like text. &
also on regular .txt plain text files.

> Anyone use this currently?  I'm thinking today's college students, who
are doing lots of reading, & likely more & more computer downloaded
material, might be a large category of users for this.

Hello, John --

I cannot guess quite what you really have in mind from what is actually
written here.  Perhaps you want OpenOffice.org's Write module.  I write my
own html "from scratch", using Kate.

If you want to explain what you "really" want to do, perhaps we could
offer more specific advice.  But, since "The devil is in the details," you
really MUST supplies the details to get a useful reply.

Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us