Allowing a window to be adjacent to edge that is associated with a panel?

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Mon Dec 14 21:28:13 UTC 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009, D. R. Evans wrote:
> My panel (against the top of the screen) looks like this:

> PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>
> I want to place a particular application window flush against the
>  top of the screen to the right of the location of the panel. But
>  by default it seems that application windows can be placed no
>  closer to the top edge than the location of the lower edge of the
>  panel:

> PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>                               AAAAAA
>
> What property of the application window do I need to change in
>  order to allow it to be placed against the top edge:

> PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP AAAAAA

None, that would be a panel property ("allow windows to cover the
panel" or similar). You can also try Alt+dragging the window there.

> PS Kubuntu karmic, 64-bit, fully up to date.

Meaning which version of KDE? The alt+dragging method should work for
all of them, but I'm not sure when the "allow windows to cover the
panel" setting was introduced...

  --Reinhold