installed a little kde, it switched to it on the reboot, and most stuff is missing, no access to a shell of any kind

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Dec 14 11:17:44 UTC 2009

On 12/14/2009 05:55 PM, Goh Lip wrote:

> Entry 1
>
> sh:grub>configfile (hdx,y)/boot/grub/grub.cfg
>

> Entry 2
>
> sh:grub>set root=(hdx,y)
> sh:grub>chainloader +1
> sh:grub>boot
>

> Entry1 for grub2, entry2 into grub-legacy and windows and will boot into
> the boot meny of that partition.
> Remember (hd0,5) is sda5
>            (hd1,1) is sdb1   etc
>
> If in doubt, do a
> sh:grub>search -f /boot/grub/grub.cfg

So for F10,
sh:grub>configfile (hd0,1)/boot/grub/grub.cfg

For Mint
sh:grub>configfile (hd1,1)/boot/grub/grub.cfg

For Other Linux ?
sh:grub>configfile (hd3,1)/boot/grub/grub.cfg

No windows? hah!
There is a new entry since the last time you've sent the fdisk output,
and that is in (hd1,3). I am not sure what that is and I guess it is to
boot up Mint from Fedora grub at mbr (in a roundabout way) but ....... I
really don't know.

Also you might try
sh:grub>configfile (hdx,y)/boot/grub.cfg

as it may be possible for Fedora to put it in /boot/ rather than
/boot/grub/. Last I use RH was long, long time ago and it was in lilo.

Regards,
Goh Lip