installed a little kde, it switched to it on the reboot, and most stuff is missing, no access to a shell of any kind

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Sun Dec 13 18:04:52 UTC 2009

Le Sunday 13 December 2009 18:37:47 Gene Heskett, vous avez écrit (you
wrote) :
> On Sunday 13 December 2009, Goh Lip wrote:

> >Does Mint have something like the Kubuntu's virtual keyboard and can you
> >activate this like you activate synaptic? You can then key in your
> >password this way?
Who knows how to get a virtual keyboard working before the password is keyed
in?
Just a question because I'm too ignorant to provide a solution:
What would happen if you booted from a rescue disk and installed that little
kde onto your partition *without* reformatting?

Cheers		Perry
--
BOFH excuse #222: I'm not sure, try calling the Internet's head office -- it's
in the book