installed a little kde, it switched to it on the reboot, and most stuff is missing, no access to a shell of any kind

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 06:04:22 UTC 2009

Greets;  See the subject line.

If I can get it to do an init3, what would be the apt-get line to install the
rest of kde, plus the switchdesk command?  Its useless as it sits right now.
I also have no keyboard, mouse works, but no keyboard.  It was working fine
under gnome before the reboot, and in F10 as you can see its fine.  Windows
opened by the menu have no close button, etc etc.  I could run synaptic from
the menu, but without a keyboard, I couldn't enter my passwd to do any more
work.

Had to use the hdwe rest to get out of it.

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.