DVD will not play with Kaffeine

Murray Colpman muzerakascooby at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:01:27 UTC 2009

Usually udev creates those automatically.

And anyway, that does not sound right; the symlink should be to the
device file, not the mount point AFAICT. This means:

* Put a data disc (CD or DVD) in and look at it in the file manager

* Type the word mount into a terminal

* Find the entry that includes something about /media/cdromX (where X
is a number) - the other path before the word "on" should be what the
symlink points to. So it would be:

sudo ln -sfv /dev/sr0 /dev/dvd