DVD will not play with Kaffeine

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Dec 11 23:45:58 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: DVD will not play with Kaffeine
From: Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 12/11/2009 01:38 PM
> I just upgraded to KDE 4 and 9.10 and am having this problem that the
> disks will not play with most of the players but does work with one.
> When I put the disk in the little menu pops up and asks me if I would
> like to play DVD with Kaffeine. I click OK and then it pops up with a
> message saying, "Can not find input plugin for MRL:[dvd:/]
>
> I don't even know where to start with fixing this problem.
> It will play with VLC and it will play, if I boot with 8.04 and use kaffeine.
>
> Thanks all.

The place to start is google....

I entered your message and got a number of hits. Take a look at:

http://ubuntugenius.wordpress.com/2009/12/09/fix-cannot-find-input-plugin-for-mrl-dvd-error-in-kaffeine-mplayer-other-media-players-in-ubuntu/

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.