wireless interface

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Fri Dec 11 19:32:14 GMT 2009

Le Friday 11 December 2009 04:15:04 phil kemling, vous avez écrit (you
wrote) :
> well the adapter is back working
Good news
> this is what i did i went into manage
> connections deleted my router restarted machine with the first kernel
> 2.6.31.16 got sound no network connection then restarted computer with
[snip]
You worked hard trying different kernels here.

> then restarted
> computer with kernel 2.6.28.16 no sound but got network connection
You mean, first it doesn't work then it does, sounds like a Beatles song.

Well,  too bad, I did not learn anything precise but it confirmed me in the
idea that obstinacy sometimes pays...it happened to me also that I got things
working without knowing how, and I strongly believed that some of my failed
attempts were due to a latency problem, or need of a reboot, or something.
Since you said you were a nebie, are you sure you rebooted when you installed
new kernels, it would explain why 2.6.28.16 didn't worked then did.

Cheers		Perry
--
BOFH excuse #321: Scheduled global CPU outage