Bugs and irritations

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:16:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Mark Fraser
<ubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 10 Dec 2009 08:24:51 O. Sinclair wrote:
>> OK after some time with Karmic 9.10 as main system here some bugs and
>> irritations:
>
> I would like to add a few items to the list (they also refer to 9.04):
>
> As mentioned in another posting, Ark is completely broken, none of the things
> I could do in KDE 3.5 work any more.
>
> KMediaFactory crashes when I try to create a K3B project - plus the thumbnails
> are empty if I create a custom preview.
>
> Handbrake crashes with a segmentation fault.
>
> Kontact Items move about in the summary view - I have emails on the right of
> the window, but sometimes it'll move to the left hand side.
>
> Thinking I should've stuck with 8.04 now.

I did that but it has not come to the point that I really need to
upgrade because to much is old and broken. The internet moved on but
8.04 has not because all the moving is happening in the kde 4 packages
now. I have moved to 9.10 but not because it is great yet but because
it is good enough now.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.