No Process or CPU tab in System Monitor

Randy Randy at 1800Ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 9 21:28:57 UTC 2009

My Kubuntu 9.10 locked up on restart after applying updates yesterday,
and now when I try to run System Monitor, I get the following error:

The file /home/randy/.kde/share/apps/sysguard/ProcessTable.sgrd does not
contain valid XML.

When I say ok to this, the System Montior window comes up, but there it
is empty -- there is no CPU or process table shown.  I can add a new
tab, but I don't get a full page display of the process list.  Can
sysguard be safely resinstalled, or is there some other, less drastic
solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Randy
http://1800ubuntu.com