malloc_check problems

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Wed Dec 9 19:50:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:40, Bruno Bigras <bigras.bruno at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since KDE's hard-freeze I switched to trunk to hunt some bugs and I
> had problem with the MALOC_CHECK_ thing. I saw package updates for
> glib but do we actually have the patched version form upstream? I
> still see crashes with glib.

You mean glibc, which is not the same as glib.

I notified the developers some time ago, based on this blog post:

http://www.purinchu.net/wp/2009/11/16/malloc_check_-crashes/

Still waiting for a reply, but I will bugger them as often as
necessary, we need that patch for Amarok, since the default glibc
causes crashes galore :(

IIRC, the glibc developers already released a patched version now.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org