request suggestion for a new printer

uriah heep stan10x10 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 03:26:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Willy K. Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com>wrote:

> uriah heep wrote:
> > My printer and my old reliable backup kicked it today.  Does any one have
> > suggestion for an inexpensive ($200-300) laser that is reliable and well
> > built.  Just basic nothing fast or fancy. Also I live in a rural area so
> > will be ordering off the net.
> > Thanks
> > Uriah
> >

> i agree with the guy who suggested samsung ML, works out of the box, i
> tried 1610 and 1710.
> nowadays i use HP laserjet M1120, works flawlessly as well.
> the best thing about HP is that the HP toolbox is very easy to use, and
> makes printers work out of the box with minimal setting up.
> Samsung also provide in their website a tool for setting up a printer,
> which is awesome.
> and in all cases, the price tag you specified (200-300) is a bit high
> for just basic printing :P this laserjet is 3-in-1 with network port,
> and costs $230. i believe you can have an excellent printer for as low
> as 100, for just basic work, but then, that's not my expertise :P
>
> --
> Willy K. Hamra
> Manager of Hamra Information Systems
>
> --

I thank those who gave suggestions.  The reason i considered a more
expensive printer is The cheap printers I recently purchased broke quickly a
multifunction lexmark ink-jet and a 2510 samsung laser.  Until 3 days ago I
had an antique HP 4l laser that had lasted decades.  I was thinking a more
expensive "work group" type laser might be more durable

Uriah