Phones that work as dialup modems with Linux

Murray Colpman muzerakascooby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:09:10 UTC 2009

I don't know the exact speeds, but in order from worst to best, it goes:

Dialup (almost never used nowadays - pay per unit time, not per unit data)

GPRS (2G, some phones call it 2.5G if it is slightly faster GPRS)

EDGE (2.5G)

3G

HSDPA (3.5G)

HSDPA/HSUPA (3.5G)

On 04/12/2009, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

>> /The word 'edge' also comes back in the model name of my phone. What
>> exactly does this word mean in this context?
>>

> The type of data connection that will be used. GPRS = 64kbit, EDGE takes
> up to 250kbits I think (2.5G? connection).

go here or die
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/register/index.jsp?m=l&a=Muzerakascooby