Use DrKonqi instead of apport

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Thu Dec 3 19:14:10 UTC 2009

<rrumberger at web.de> wrote:
> > Hi list!
> >
> > I've been wondering for a while now if there is a way of using
> > DrKonqi (KDE bug reporting tool) instead of apport for KDE
> > applications and keep using apport for everything else.
> >
> > The reason for this is, that apport doesn't work for the current
> > KDE version from the launchpad PPA. (Which is the way it's
> > supposed to be.) These bug reports shouldn't go to launchpad but
> > to bugs.kde.org, making apport a nuisance...
>
> You can simply disable apport by editing this file:
>
> sudo nano (or whatever editor you prefer) /etc/default/apport
>
> And set the enabled line to 0 instead of 1
>
> It should then fall back on Dr. Konqi by default.

Yes, I know - however, this would disable apport completely. I'd like
to keep apport for everything not related to KDE (e.g. kernel for
suspend failures).
Basically, I'd like something like /etc/apport/blacklist.d, but in a
way that the crash wouldn't simply be ignored.

Still, thanks for your time.

(BTW: judging from the project Timelord announcement, this must be
somehow possible. Although I fear it means recompiling the source,
which is too much trouble for me.)

  --Reinhold