FLAC files on Amarok (Georgi Kourtev)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Wed Dec 2 16:02:20 UTC 2009

Hi Georgi,

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 14:28, Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev at gmail.com> wrote:

>> But installing libxine1-misc-plugins might be helpful, it should drag
>> in libflac8 if this is not installed already.
>>
>> Of course, make sure you use the phonon-backend-xine (see also in the
>> Systemsettings -> Multimedia -> Backend tab).
>>
> Both  libxine1-misc-plugins and  libflac8 are installed.
>
> In Backend, I have XINE marked, with deinterlace media DVD marked only,
> deinterlacing method use_vo_driver (whatever that means).

Most strange, you have everything needed to play FLAC files, but those
don't play, I really don't understand and I have no explanation at
all.  I asked several people around me, no one has those problems.

You can try forcing a reinstall of the phonon-backend-xine and
libxine1 (sudo apt-get install --reinstall phonon-backend-xine
libxine1). That's pretty much the only thing I can suggest now, maybe
this helps.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org