FLAC files on Amarok (Georgi Kourtev)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Wed Dec 2 09:32:15 UTC 2009

Hi all,

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 09:32, Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> georgi i would try installing the kubuntu-restricted-extras it contains all
> proprietary software that one might need.

Which should not be needed for FLAC, since this is an open format, not
a restricted or proprietary one.
But installing libxine1-misc-plugins might be helpful, it should drag
in libflac8 if this is not installed already.

Of course, make sure you use the phonon-backend-xine (see also in the
Systemsettings -> Multimedia -> Backend tab).

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org