[Gimp-user] Installing 2.6.7 in Ubuntu

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Aug 31 13:32:46 UTC 2009

Brendan wrote:
>>> From this article :
>>> http://lazyubuntu.com/how-to-install-gimp-267-on-ubuntu-904-jaunty-jackal
>>> ope.html I assume that the gegl and babl libraries are included in one of
>>> the GetDeb packages.
>>>
>> I cannot understand why Ubuntu is celebrated for its ease of use,
>> considering how many people complain about similar issues and suggest so
>> complicated solutions.
>>

> You're right. We must all be wrong to celebrate it. Thank you for setting me
> straight.

I can't speak for all, and wouldn't presume to do so. I have very simple
computer needs as an average home user. [ E-mail, web surfing, etc. ] I
don't need a lot of higher end bells and whistles. I find (K)Ubuntu to
be _very_ well suited to my needs and _very_ easy to use. What few
problems I've had are generally of my own making. All part of the
learning curve.

I suggest that people that think it's difficult should pay more
attention to what the issues are about, and who is having the issues.

The only thing on my "Wish List" is that there was a package somewhere
that had good mapping like Microsoft Streets and Trips.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,