Want KDE 3.5 look and feel

Mon Aug 31 06:13:31 UTC 2009

On Sunday 30 August 2009, Donn wrote:
> As much as I rail against reality, gravity still sucks. You feel
>  legitimately irked, but that won't roll-back time.
> You have three choices: 1) Go back to 3.5 and stay for as long as it takes
>  to go totally stale. 2) Stick with 4.x and shrug. 3) Go use some other
>  WM/desktop.

I hate answers like this. NO, there is a 4th option, the actual thing the OP
was asking for: ways in which to make 4.3 look/feel like 3.5. Why not answer
his question with something substantive, or not answer with jerk responses?

To the OP, yes, there are many options.

Turning off the new menu (Right clicking on the K menu, and choosing the old
style, also, adding bookmsrks, etc. back), turning off all desktop effects,
and adding widgets to the taskbar to approximate the old-style 3.5 bars. It
takes a bit of work, but can net you a 3.5-like system as far as you can
manage.

Hope that helps.