Want KDE 3.5 look and feel

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Aug 30 09:16:32 UTC 2009

Mark Halegua wrote:
> Missing the point.  I liked the way 3.5 worked.  I'm used to the way
> it worked, and I shouldn't be forced to (like Microsoft keeps doing)
> to work in a different way just because someone else thinks it
> better.
>
> I was under the impression that Linux, open source, etc. gave people
> choices, not forced people into doing things "their way."

Nobody forces you to use KDE4 but if you want to use a new version of
Kubuntu, it is difficult to stay with KDE3 because Kubuntu is using KDE4
(since 8.10). I wouldn't expect Kubuntu to return to KDE3. There was a
project to install KDE3 with Kubuntu 8.10 but I don't know if it works
with 9.04 also: <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=963695>

Nils