Maybe I spoke too soon?

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Fri Aug 28 14:47:02 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 19:35:36 Dotan Cohen wrote:

> >> I'll file a feature request.
> >
> > no need to, this works here:
> >
> > Right click on the icon, select Classic Style menu -> works fine here
> > with KDE 4.3.
> >
> > Dotan, you should maybe just try yourself first before filing a bug
> > that will be closed within minutes because that is none. Also, asking
> > in #kubuntu on irc.freenode.net would have pointed you to the solution
> > within seconds, much faster than firing up launchpad.
>
> You are right, Myriam. I usually do check things before filing, but
> this week I have been helping iron out KDE 4 issues for KDE 3 users on
> several different mailing lists and began cutting corners due to the
> volume. I will return to checking before filing. Thanks.

OK, I've installed 4.3 from the PPA repo and the problem I was expecting that
Dotan has had with no images in DigiKam hasn't happened. Do like it though.

I see the new menu and have enabled bookmarks, but had to enable 'recently
used' as 'recent documents' just added the recently used documents to the top
of the menu instead of in a sub-menu.

Will have to play with it to see if I can change back to the old style log-in
screen where you selected a user with the mouse though.