List of user installed apps

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:23:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Donn<donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 28 August 2009 12:43:34 Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> How do I get a list of user installed apps
> What is a *user*? I mean, when you choose to install Foogrubnix then you use
> sudo, so it's a 'root' thing anyway. So, how can the system know?
> I think the dpkg you gave is the only way to go.
> If you mean stuff you got from tarballs, then it's find and make notes.

I think he want to know what packages is installed as default and not
later by a user. Perhaps one way could be to install it in virtualbox
and do the above command and then diff the output but that takes time
and packages change name between dist versions. There must be a list
on what packages to install on the Install CD that one can diff?

/ Jonas