Flash on Firefox 3.5

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Wed Aug 26 05:14:03 UTC 2009

I have 2 computers using Kubuntu 9.04. My problem is with the adobe
flash on one computer. On the computer with KDE 4.2.2 flash works
without a problem. This is a 32 bit installation. The computer with KDE
4.3 refuses to "activate" flash. This is a 64 bit installation Both
computers were updated to use Firefox 3.5. What happens (on the KDE 4.3
computer) is that I install flashplayer 10, am informed that the flash
was installed correctly. When I reopen Firefox I still see the "missing
plugin" message that requests me to install Adobe flash. I don't know if
this is connected to the KDE 4.3 upgrade or to the fact that one
computer is 64 bit and the other 32 bit. On both computers I upgraded to
Firefox 3.5 at the same time, after I had updated to KDE 4.3 on the one
computer. I have tried many ways to install Flashplayer 10, including
various script written here:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/install-flash-10-ubuntu-linux-64bit.html
On both computers when using Firefox 3.1 I didn't have a flash problem.
There are two major differences between the two computers which confound
the problem for me.
1. The problem computer is 64 bit
2. The problem computer uses KDE 4.3
What can I do to try and solve this problem?
TIA
Errol