AW: Do I qualify for help? (Kubuntu Internet Connection)

S B cosmicnavigation at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 22 18:53:02 UTC 2009

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 03:28:49 +0000
From: fmause_1999 at yahoo.de
Subject: AW: Do I qualify for help? (Kubuntu Internet Connection)
To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Good morning,

you are using Kubuntu with a 56k-modem or why do you use kpp ?
Tell me.

CU. Frank

8-21-09
Hello,
Can you tell me if I may qualify for your advice?  I've posted 3 messages at Ubuntu forum over last couple years, with zero response.  Then recently posted to Kubuntu forum, with a few people responding, but nothing has helped.  I'm entry level noob, and most noobs are way more knowledgeable than I.  So what are the requirements to qualify for help here?  Is this the right place or can you direct me to some other linux help?

8-22-09 ...12:50pm  mountain time u.s.
Hi.
I have Verizon LG cell phone tethered to laptop.   Connecting to Internet via cell phone used as modem, works fine with Windows XP.  Can't get it to work in Kubuntu.  Actually in the process of trying to solve this problem, I removed kppp.

Is the 56k modem being used?  I'm connecting via cell phone modem.

parvati