sane

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 02:41:04 UTC 2009

sorry for that, but following a top-post.
the case here is like a doctor trying to advise his patient for better
health, "don't eat this type of food, eat that. do NOT mix these 2
types of food..." "do i have to learn all these? if i'm not ok, i'll
just pay you a visit".
well.. this CAN work, and the doctor will surely save him everytime,
but does in reality anyone risk his health that way? why would someone
choose to suffer from health problems occasionally?
Steven can prevent most of his computer issues by doing what we tell
him, but he refuses, he wants to be the chemist with
radioactive/explosive materials that wants to use them the way HE
wants, without any knowledge in chemistry.
personally, i gave up a year ago, i never bothered posting anything to
him anymore because he was flat-out refusing to stay far from programs
known to be too much for him, or listenng to the advise of reading CLI
books.
i have been an expert in a Windows system for 5 years. i considered
myself a genius in fixing them. until i got Linux, and i had to spend
weeks of downloading books and reading them to get a grasp of the
basics, then spent hours upon hours everyday in the #kubuntu channel
on IRC, mostly lurking to get more and more info about this system,
how it works, the most common problems, common advises given, until i
decided to join this list, and it proved to be my heaven. in short,
people HAVE to study for anything this complicated before using it,
and bothering with it. if a book is too boring for you, well... you're
too boring for us as well.

Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems